We asked our authors to write about a favourite book, which they think more people should read.
Natasha Sharma is the author of many books for children. She has written several books for Duckbill, including the also written a hOle book: History-Mystery series (Akbar and the Tricky Traitor, Ashoka and the Muddled Messages, Razia and the Pesky Presents and Raja Raja and the Swapped Sacks) and a hOle book Bonkers!
The Bad Guys by Aaron Blabbey and Phiss Phuss Boom by Anushka Ravishankar, Jerry Pinto and Sayoni Basu.
Both books had me hooked due to that funny feeling I constantly had inside my stomach as I read them. I think it was primarily due to the following:
- Character protrayal in both books is brilliant.
- Snort out loud humour that also had me guffaw, laugh and get hiccups. Brilliant!
- Expect the unexpected in both, which was brilliantly done.
- I wished I had thought of writing them! That would have been utterly brilliant.
- You’ll want to read out bits to anyone sitting next to you. That’s how brilliant they are.
- You want to go press it into the hands of every little boy and girl to make sure they have a brilliant day.
- The titles are brilliant.
- The books are brilliant.
- The authors are brilliant.